Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Seasons are Changing

Fall is coming and I cannot be more excited. The crisp air, the early nights, the beautiful trees... it's all around the corner.  Fall can be a wonderful time of football and festivals, but unfortunately it can also be a time of depression.  As much as I love the cooler weather (considering I live in South Carolina, where it's way too hot), I tend to become a bit more moody during this time of the year.  I have already noticed the change in my body, even before the tempterature told me it was arriving.  I urge you to keep a watch out on your friends and family members; especially if they have any type of mental disorders.  There actually is a condition that most psychiatrists refer to as Seasonal Affective Disorder.  It affects more women than men, but the symptoms in men are oftentimes more severe.  If you start getting the "blues", then it may be a good time to consult a doctor or just try to better prepare yourself for the coming months.  Keep yourself occupied with something you enjoy... that's what I do.  I love to blog or play guitar or just spend time with my wife.  I do my best to stay strong.  I hope everyone can enjoy this Fall and I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Until next time.
-Will

Note: If anyone has any advice or personal questions for me, you are more than welcome to contact me! Thanks!

Reference: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195

No comments:

Post a Comment